Deadline: February 15, 2016
TheDream.US provides college scholarships to highly motivated DREAMers who want to get a college education but cannot afford it. Our scholarships will help cover your tuition and fees for an associate’s or bachelor’s degree at one of our Partner Colleges. Note: You must be accepted to and eligible for in-state tuition (if applicable) at one of our Partner Colleges in order to receive the Scholarship.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy that allows certain undocumented immigrants who entered the country before their 16th birthday and before June 2007 to receive a renewable two-year work permit and exemption from deportation.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FIRST TIME COLLEGE STUDENTS
This scholarship is available to high school seniors or high school graduates with demonstrated financial need who are first time college students and seek to earn a career-ready associate’s or bachelor’s degree at one of our Partner Colleges. Students who are currently enrolled in college are not eligible. Scholars are selected from a nationwide pool of applicants.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Either graduate from high school or earn your GED diploma by the end of the 2015-2016 academic year or have already graduated or earned your GED diploma;
- Have earned a high school un-weighted GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (or an equivalent GED score);
- Not have enrolled in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program or have earned college credits (excluding credits earned while in a high school pre-college, dual enrollment program, advanced placement testing, or through the College Level Examination Program CLEP);
- Intend to enroll full-time in an associate’s or bachelor’s degree program at one of TheDream.US Partner Colleges within one year of receiving the Scholarship;
- Be eligible for in-state tuition if seeking to attend a Partner College that is a public institution;
- Have come to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Be DACA or TPS eligible and have applied for or received DACA or TPS approval; and
- Demonstrate significant unmet financial need.
Do I have to qualify for deferred action to apply?
Yes. At this time, we require students to be eligible for the deferred action program. TheDream.US is focused on providing college scholarships and having our Scholars graduate and join the workforce. We also want our Scholars to be eligible for paid internships when they are available. While you are not required to have been approved for the deferred action program at the time you apply, you are required to have applied for DACA approval.