LULAC National Scholarship Fund
LNESC and LULAC established the LNSF to help youth in underserved communities make the dream of college enrollment a reality. LNSF is a unique partnership between grassroots advocates and corporations to fund educational opportunities for deserving youth across the U.S. Every dollar raised by local LULAC Councils is matched by corporate partners secured by LNESC to increase the amount given in both the council and corporation’s name. This model results in a true grassroots/corporate partnership for the empowerment of the Latino community. Former recipients of LNSF scholarships are now leaders in fields of business, science, government, and education.
A rigorous selection process assures the expectation that future recipients will demonstrate the same level of excellence.
Who is eligible?
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
• Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
• Must have applied to or be enrolled as a full-time student in a college, university, or graduate school, including 2-year colleges, or vocational schools that lead to an associate’s degree
• A student will not be eligible for a scholarship if he/she is related to a scholarship committee member, the Council President, or an individual contributor to the local funds of the Council
LNSF Award Criteria: Applicants are eligible for the following 3 types of scholarship awards.
1. National Scholastic Achievement Awards ($2,000)
• GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, and if the student is an entering freshman.
• 29 or higher on the ACT test, or 1350 or higher on the SAT test.
2. Honors Awards ($500 to $2,000)
• GPA of 3.25 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, and if the student is an entering freshman.
• 23 or higher on the ACT test, or 1100 or higher on the SAT test.
3. General Awards ($250 to $1,000)
• Grades and academic performance will serve as indicators of potential; however, an emphasis may be placed on the individuals motivation, sincerity, and community involvement.
2013 LNSF Application
Click HERE to download the 2013 LNSF application.
Send applications to the nearest LULAC Council in your state as listed on the participating council list (see below). Applications will not be accepted at the LNESC National Office in Washington, D.C.
2013 Participating LULAC Councils
The list will be available on March 1st, 2013.
If you are a LULAC Council and are interested in participating in the LNSF, please download the LNSF Partnership Agreement by clicking HERE.
For additional information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org